This recipe is a real winner. It looks simply stunning, and tastes simply heavenly!
The flavour of the Ginger Ale and raspberries blend perfectly, and the way the deep red juices from frozen raspberries slowly swirl into the Ginger Ale is mesmerizing!
What You Need:
- 1 x Mammoth Cubes Tray
- Punnet of fresh raspberries
- Ginger Ale
- Wide Glasses
How To Make It:
- First wash your fresh raspberries and place a few in each cube trough. Try to wedge them in a little so they stay submerged when water is added.
- Now pour water in to each trough containing the raspberries. Ensure to leave a 4-5mm gap at the top so that the cubes don’t join at the top when expanding during freezing.
- Next give the tray a slight shake, or a few taps on the sides, to try and dislodge any trapped air bubbles under or inside the raspberries.
- Place the Mammoth Cubes tray in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Early in the freezing process, check periodically to ensure the raspberries are staying submerged. If not, just shove them back down a bit.
- When the cubes are frozen, take out however many you need, and let them rest in the air for 4-5 mins. This will prevent them from cracking when you put them in to the Ginger Ale.
- Now pour the Ginger Ale in to your glasses leaving plenty of room for the cube.
- Finally pop a raspberry cube into the Ginger Ale and serve quickly so the receiver can enjoy watching the raspberry juices melt in to the Ginger Ale!
Tip: Not that essential for this recipe, but our ‘how to make clear ice‘ technique really helps the raspberry cubes look their best.