This recipe is a great way to chill a drink and at the same time add some fruity flavour. They even taste great by themselves, so you can use them as a stylised ‘frozen cube’ dessert!
What you need:
- 1 x Mammoth Cubes Tray
- Fruit juices (i.e. orange, apple, grapefruit, or get exotic with juices such as lychee or pineapple!)
- Wide glasses
Note: you’ll need just over 100ml per cube
How to make it:
- First, choose your fruit juice based on the drink you’ll add it too
- Pour just over 100ml of fruit juice in to each cube trough
- leave to freeze for about 6-8 hours
- Take out of freezer and put the frozen fruit cubes in to your drink or enjoy separately as a desert!
How to do multiple layers:
Another option is to have multiple layers of different coloured fruit juices. To do this simply freeze one layer at at time. The layers will merge a little as each newly poured layer will slightly melt the frozen layer below, so make sure you used chilled fruit juices and keep the layers quite thick – we recommend a maximum of 3 layers per cube.