Ok, so these ice cubes aren’t strictly hot 😉 …but with winter knocking at our door, this is the perfect use for your Mammoth Cube Tray!
Make a big batch of soup and freeze giant cubes of your soup for quick and easy meals later on – Simple! 🙂
We find that 2 cubes is usually enough for a small soup, and 3 cubes is perfect for a bigger portion.
Here’s a fantastic Tomato soup recipe that we absolutely love which was handed down to us by our mother…
Fresh Tomato Soup
- 1.6 kg ripe tomatoes
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 45 ml sun dried tomato paste
- 45 ml balsamic vingar
- 13 ml caster sugar
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Roughly chop tomatoes and put in a large pan
- Add the stock
- Bring to boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add – sun dried tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, basil leaves and season with salt and pepper
- Stir and simmer for another 10 minutes
- Blend with a hand blender
- Serve with Crème fraîche, grated cheddar cheese & chopped basil.